Virginia Jail Inmate Lookup
If your loved one is locked up in a Virginia jail and you’d like to try to find out where they are, this Virginia jail inmate lookup page is intended to help you do just that. As I find more useful inmate search tools, I’ll certainly add them here.
The first place to look is VINELink. VINELink is a service intended to allow crime victims get the status on criminal cases. This allows you to search for an inmate within any state in the U.S. To use VINELink, perform the following tasks. For illustrative purposes, it’s assumed that the search is in the state of Virginia and the search is for John Doe who is 38 years old.
- Click on the VINELink URL https://vinelink.com.
- There will be a drop-down selection for the desired state, which is label “Please Select Your State of Interest”. Select the desired state, which in this case is ‘Virginia’.
- Once the state is selected and depending on the state, a second drop-down selection may appear labeled “Please Select a Location”. If it appears, the choice is either ‘Virginia VINE Statewide Sex Offender Registry’ or ‘Virginia Statewide VINE’. Select ‘Virginia Statewide VINE’.
- Just below this drop-down is the ‘FIND AN OFFENDER’ button. Click on it.
- Now you’re on the actual search page. Simple enter in the name and age. Note that it accepts partial names. If the date of birth is known, enter it in given field; otherwise, put in the correct age range. Following our example, enter in John Doe in the first and last names, respectively, and select the age range of 36-40. Then click on the ‘search’ button.
It will then search all the Virginia jails for a John Doe who is between the ages of 36 and 40. If there’s more than 1, all will be listed and you can select the one you’re looking for.
Note: VINELink is not 100 % accurate. As a licensed bondsman in Virginia, I often find that someone is incarcerated at a jail, but VINELink shows that the person is not there. It’s likely because the jail did not enter person in to the VINELink system when they were booked in.
If you believe your loved one is in either the Henrico West or Henrico East/New Kent jails, it can be easily determined whether or not the person is actually in there. The Henrico sheriff’s department has a free, online tool to search their jails for an inmate.
Simply go to the URL http://www.henricosheriff.org/search, enter the last name, and click on ‘Search’. If the person you’re searching for is in either of the Henrico jails, he or she will be listed. It shows the inmate’s pictures and lists the charges, any bond amount, and other miscellaneous information.
Something else of note, I’ve found this site to be very accurate.
Hanover County / Pamunkey Jail
This takes you to the listing of the inmates at the jail. They’re listed alphabetically, so you can either scroll through or enter the name and perform a search (the search is on the top right corner). For the inmates listed here, there is no picture displayed; however, it does list the charges and other miscellaneous information.
Hopefully, the inmate search sites listed on this page will prove useful to you. If not, feel free to call Aarrow Bail Bonds at 804-833-2785 to help you out with this. We’re open 24/7 for your convenience.