Update: 2017 Winner Announced
Congradulations to Monita Green who beat out thirty-three other applicants to win the second annual annual AarrowBailBonds.com College scholarship. Monita will be attending Reynolds Community College in the fall.
Hello students and WELCOME to our second Annual College Student Scholarship Essay Contest. We offered this for the first time last year and had such a positive response, we decided to keep it going for the next 2017-2018 school year.
If you will be attending a college or vocational/technical school for the 2017-2018, we want you to apply to win a $750 scholarship to help cover expenses. Continuing your education takes time and money and we want to help you with your future education costs.
The Eight Amendment of our Bill of Rights reads
Excessive bail shall not be required, nor excessive fines imposed, nor cruel and unusual punishments inflicted.
To win, write a 1000-1500 word essay about criminal justice in America as it pertains to the Eight Amendment. Specifically,
- What is bail and why is it important,
- How has the implementation of pretrial services affected bail in America? Discuss the positive and negative aspects pretrial services has on the defendants and criminal justice system.
The winner will be announced July 4, 2017.
Scholarship Eligibility & Submission
In a pdf, fill out the below information and email it to: firstname.lastname@example.org. The file name should be your full name and date of birth. Example: John-Doe-1-10-1997.docx.
- Essay 1000-1,500 Words
- School you’re currently attending
- Current GPA
- College or school you’re enrolled for the 2017-2018 year
- Expected Year of Graduation
- Phone Number
- Paragraph(s) about yourself. Feel free to list any life experiences where you were part of an entrepreneurship opportunity; we love to hear about students branching out on their own.
1. You must be a graduating senior in high school or a freshmen, sophomore, or junior in college or vocational/technical school.
2. 2.5 minimum GPA.
3. Submissions must be turned in by May 31, 2017.
4. Submissions must be written in English.
This scholarship is provided by:
Richmond, VA 23227
All information received is confidential and will NOT be shared, sold, or given in any way to any person, business, entity, or government agency.